Last Updated on
We have learned that a Bryant employee has tested positive for the coronavirus. The employee’s test was administered on Monday, April 6 and we learned the results of the test yesterday. Below are the important facts related to this case.
- This employee last worked at Bryant during the second shift in the Unistructure on Friday, March 27, 2020, from 2:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. During the employee’s shift the employee had no contact with students and limited contact with other Bryant employees in the Unistructure.
- Although health professionals do not think this employee could have infected those around them or the community, out of an abundance of caution we have reached out to advise those employees with whom the affected employee may have had any contact – even if they maintained appropriate social distance. If you have not been notified, then you are considered not to have any increased risk because of exposure to this individual.
- Following their final shift at Bryant on Friday, March 27, the employee worked a second job over the weekend of March 28-29. Prior to returning to work on Monday morning, March 30, 2020, the employee, to their credit, informed their supervisor that they learned on March 28 that may have been exposed to the virus on their second job, as other people at the second employer had tested positive for the virus.
- The employee’s supervisor immediately contacted Human Resources and Health Services, and in an abundance of caution, the employee was placed on self-quarantine for 14 days. The employee has not returned to campus since March 27, 12 days ago.
- On April 6, 2020, after learning that more people at the other second-job facility where the employee worked over the weekend of March 28 had tested positive for the virus, the employee immediately voluntarily underwent COVID-19 testing as test are now more readily available in Rhode Island. Although the employee is still asymptomatic and showing no signs of the virus, the employee’s test came back positive yesterday.
Anyone who has any questions or concerns relating to potential contact with this individual should reach out to Facilities supervision (232-6082), Human Resources (232-6010), or Health Services (232-6220) for advice and counsel. Also, please remember that if you are experiencing any COVID-19 like symptoms, or know or suspect that you may have come in contact with someone who has tested positive for the virus, even if asymptomatic, please call your supervisor BEFORE returning to campus.
We, as the Bryant community, wish this employee and their family wellness and grace during this very difficult time.
Thank you, and please continue to be diligent in practicing social distancing and other important hygienic practices.